Well-respected and widely experienced music industry expert with a 20+ year track record of success building momentum and relationships for artists and venues. Recognized as a strong and extraordinarily creative music industry insider with a sharp eye for opportunity, a forward-thinking style of artist management, and a proven ability to select and promote world-class talent toward substantial international music careers. Strong authority on artist marketing and public relations, with a career’s worth of success interacting with record labels, media and producers.
Worked with and supported music industry leaders including:
Brian Rawling | KC Porter | Ruben Gomez | Glenn Medeiros | Angelo Garcia| Jellybean Benitez | Emilio Estefan |
Lance Bass | Irene Carra | Jonny Wright | Donna Wright | Dianne Warren
Engaged and partnered with record labels including:
Sony Music | Warner Brothers | East West Records | BMG Records | Arista Records | Edel Records
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
· A&R / Talent Management
· Contract Negotiation
· Label & Producer Relations
· Persistence & Determination
· Verbal & Written Communication
· Creative Vision
· Strong Artist & Support Network
· Careful Talent Selection
· Marketing Strategy
· Balancing Multiple Priorities
· Confidentiality & Discretion
· Scheduling & Organization
PRESIDENT, ARTIST MANAGER, AND A&R COORDINATOR
Rosen Music Group 2006 – Present
DASH Entertainment 1996 – 2002
Responsibilities, Contributions & Accomplishments:
· Exercised a strong sense of judgment to selectively prospect and manage artists with potential for success. Established world-class relationships with industry-leading artists by virtue of connections with BMG Munich, BMG US/Latin Miami, Arista Records, and other leading labels.
· Leveraged a strong network of sound engineering and creative talent toward record labels, to ensure the creation of the best possible material for contracted artists.
· Maintained persistence and determination in advocating for the continuous activity of artists signed with labels, applying tactful pressure to create continued momentum for artists.
· Drew upon personal connections and relationships earned throughout 20+ years in the industry to meet world-leading industry executives in artist development.
· Developed the best possible vision for managed artists’ careers, ensuring mutually lucrative success through a progressive and multi-pronged strategy including:
Ø Creative and comprehensive input on the artist’s style and genre;
Ø Definition of a practical yet distinct artistic vision;
Ø Collaborative review and assessment of potential markets and the music industry as a whole;
Ø Establishment and analysis of a project plan;
Ø Selection of optimal material aligned to the artist/group and the target market.
· Provided programs and services for small independent to large/major companies including complete A&R services, full production support, recommendation of production staffing, songwriting talent and publishing companies, as well as counsel on national and international markets and licensing venues/opportunities.
CAREER HIGHLIGHTS & NOTABLE PROJECTS
Development of Solo Career for artist Ruben Gomez
· Secured this former member of Latin group Menudo to develop his solo artist career, securing him from a previously inactive management agreement to launch his career to greater heights.
· Connected with a vast network of connections and attended Billboard conferences, persistently presenting a self-compiled artist package to secure his eventual signing with Arista Records.
· Upon closure of Arista’s Austin offices, ensured Ruben would be retained as a member of the label through direct conversation with BMG Miami stakeholders. Connected this artist with prominent producer Brian Rawling, creating English singlesand a selection of international recordings, eventually transitioning the artist to BMG Munich for swift signing of a lucrative record deal.
· Interacted with renowned songwriter Diane Warrento secure a selection of songs, driving a cross-over in genres from Latin to rock.
· Spearheaded and coordinated a European tour,which encouraged BMG Munich to establish contact with BMG US/Latin in Miami, with both labels essentially fighting over this in-demand artist.
Securing Label Signing for artist Angelo Garcia
· Successfully identified and prospected this artist as a strong candidate for an international label. Drew upon a strong artistic vision and years of experience to help the artist shape his identify, define his sound, and build demo material.
· After comprehensive involvement in creating the foundational material and momentum necessary, successfully earned the artist a record deal with Warner Brothers Germany.
Driving Momentum for songwriter Glenn Medeiros
· Created impressive traction for this creative songwriter, identifying opportunities for licensing and publishing of his creations on an international basis.
· Successfully brokered multiple licensing deals, with several songs added to Sony BMG’s catalog.
EARLIER NOTEWORTHY EXPERIENCE
Talent & Tour Developer| Right Stuff Entertainment